hjw2 : MARCHFIRST...VORSICHT.....!
Hört sich nicht gut an.. Reaktionen abwarten...
VON WO-BOARD KOPIERT
March 7, 2001 4:52pm
Bernard Said To Be Out At MarchFirst
By Mark Mehler & John Moore Sm@rt Partner
Robert Bernard, the embattled CEO of troubled Web integrator, MarchFirst, will be stepping down at the request of the board of directors, according to a source close to the company.
Bernard, who reportedly will remain chairman, is being replaced as CEO on an interim basis by Michael Salvati, a former partner at KPMG. Salvati was named as chief financial officer on Monday.
A MarchFirst spokesman, however, denied the report, saying that Bernard remains both chairman and CEO.
According to the source, last week`s board decision about Bernard was instigated by Francisco Partners, a San Francisco-based private equity firm that invested $150 million in MarchFirst late last year (Vendor Programs: Perk Or Punishment? ).
Bernard is the second top exec to exit the company in the past week. MarchFirst disclosed Monday that its chief financial officer, Peter Murphy, left to "pursue other interests."
The source said the board of directors now believes that it could take another $200 million to $300 million to get the company back on track. MarchFirst, which emerged out of last year`s merger of Whittman-Hart and USWeb/CKS, has been under the gun for months, since reporting a Q3 loss of $437 million last October and initiating steep personnel cutbacks. Since then, the company has revamped its strategy and organizational structure, as its stock has fallen below $2 a share
baanbruch : So, und als nächstes Haffa! Seine Yacht weg,
Das Dreckschwein muss so viel Schadensersatz leisten, dass
er auf Jahre keine Luft mehr bekommt!
Der hat doch bis heute nicht verstanden, was er einigen Kleinanlegern
mit seinem Vertrauensbruch angetan hat.
Kapitalerhöhung, damit er sich noch reicher stossen kann
und die Anleger mit Hoffnung auf Altersversorgung (nochmal: es waren nicht alle EMtv-Aktionäre nur Zocker!) bleiben auf den Trümmern sitzen.
baanbruch : Nu isser wesch! Hoffentlich völlig raus!
March 12, 2001 08:58
marchFIRST says CEO, COO have resigned
NEW YORK, March 12 (Reuters) - Internet consulting firm marchFIRST Inc. on Monday said three of its top executives resigned and that it appointed a three-member committee to assist the company during the management transition.
The Chicago-based firm said those who quit were Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Robert F. Bernard, Thomas R. Metz, president and chief operating officer, and Joseph Bong, executive vice president, client services group. The company did not say why they had resigned.
MarchFIRST said it has engaged recruitment firm Korn/Ferry International to assist in an immediate search for a new CEO.
The three-member executive committee "is currently evaluating the company's operating and financing plans and strategic priorities in order to move the company forward," marchFIRST said.
The company's shares closed at $1-1/8 on Friday, a touch above its year low of $1 and way below of its 52-week high of $48-3/4.